Healthy Abode - Independent Damp & Timber Surveyors
Due to expansion, Healthy Abode have a vacancy and are advertising and seeking to appoint a qualified and experienced Damp & Timber Surveyor.
Ideally you'll already be working as a damp surveyor or damp inspector and you should have knowledge of historic buildings, damp surveying and inspecting timber and wood for decay. Ideally you'll have a qualification from the Property Care Association (PCA), such as the CSRT or CSSW qualification. Or alternatively, be a RICS surveyor; or be an EHO or EHP and have had jobs working as a damp surveyor.
We are a busy Environmental consultancy, predominantly operating throughout Essex, Hertfordshire, & London.
We are not remedial contractors therefore there is no product selling or sales targets to meet.
The successful candidate will:
* Possess a CSRT qualification; a second qualification in CSSW, RICS, CIOB or CIEH would be desirable.
* Good understanding of period property construction and building elements.
* Extensive knowledge, experience in working for a PCA company or Council and an interest in damp problems and timber decay in buildings.
* Have a professional, confident manner with great communication skills.
* Have good report writing and literacy skills.
* Be hardworking, able to work on their own initiative and keenness to see the business develop.
* Great people skills, ability to develop and maintain an excellent relationship with the office and clients.
There will be an occasional requirement to assist in our other service areas including our acoustic surveys and setting up and retrieval of acoustic equipment from site. We're willing to aid professional development. As the job requires driving, candidates must hold a full UK driving license, ideally with no more than 3 points. Mileage reimbursement or a company vehicle will be provided for site visits.
For the full time role of Independent Damp & Timber Surveyor, the salary band is £20k to £30k plus survey bonus or company growth bonus. We'd consider part time applicants. To apply please email a covering letter and your CV to our office manager, Kate at email@example.com For an informal chat regarding the role call Josie or Stuart on 01245 206 250.